Our Choice Recommendation
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
Are you looking for the best lightweight stroller for 4 year old children?
What are some of the features you should look for?
How do you know you’ve got a great stroller?
If you’ve got a four-year-old who is still using a stroller, you may be wondering how to find a product that will work well for your child. Picking a great stroller for an older and bigger kid can be a challenge, but if you follow our tips and take a look at our shopping guide listed below, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect choice in no time.
Remember all these features as you take a look at these options we have listed below. They can help you narrow down your options and find a stroller that will keep your child comfortable even when he or she is a little older.
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Bring home the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller when you’re looking for a lightweight solution that will keep your older kid safe and comfortable too. With four different colors and a durable aluminum frame, this stroller is a great and popular choice for many families.
- The included canopy is very wide as well as tall, so it’s an excellent attachment for older, taller kids.
- The stroller comes with a tire pump that is small enough to fit in the storage basket, so you can easily bring it along as needed.
- The stroller is difficult to pop opens, especially in a hurry.
- The seat can be difficult to adjust and may be uncomfortable for some children.
Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Single Stroller
The Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Single Stroller is one of the most popular choices on our list. This stroller features a locking front wheel and a quick-fold design that makes it easy and safe to use on the go just about anywhere. Best of all, you can remove the seat cushion for easy washing.
- You can choose between 7 different colors for this stroller.
- The handlebar can be adjusted to different parent heights.
- The stroller may develop a wobble fairly quickly.
- There isn’t enough storage space for many customers with this option.
2018 UPPAbaby Minu Stroller
With the 2018 UPPAbaby Minu Stroller , you can choose between four colors and several styles as well to find the right stroller fit for your needs. This stroller can be used for children of 3 months of age up to 50 pounds of weight and is made of durable materials that are built to last.
- The storage basket on this stroller is spacious and easy to reach even with a child in the seat.
- The canopy is tall enough to accommodate taller kids.
- The handlebar is not adjustable on this stroller.
- There isn’t a parent tray or cup holder attachment.
BOB Revolution Pro Jogging Stroller
For a popular and long-lasting jogging-style stroller for your older child, consider the BOB Revolution Pro Jogging Stroller . This option comes in three colors and features two large back wheels and a smaller, lockable front wheel to make steering a breeze even when you have an older and larger child in tow. This stroller is capable of holding a child of up to 75 pounds, making it one of the most powerful on our list.
- The included canopy can protect against UPF50+ sun damage.
- You can use this stroller with a compatible car seat attachment for newborns and infants, although this attachment is sold separately.
- The back wheels may become wobbly sooner than the front with this stroller.
- The stroller is quite a lot heavier overall than some of the others listed here.
Maclern Techno XLR Stroller
The Maclaren Techno XLR Stroller is a small but durable stroller meant to hold children up to 55 pounds of weight. This offer comes in three different colors and features a seat that can be adjusted to several different positions as well as a sturdy canopy that’s plenty tall enough for most older toddlers and preschool-aged kids, too.
- This stroller is lightweight and easy to fold in just a few short minutes with or without help.
- The seat is padded nicely and sure to keep your older child comfortable.
- The stroller doesn’t stay locked well when it’s folded down, so it may be hard to move around with on the go in some situations.
- You can’t adjust the footrest as your child gets bigger, so it may be more uncomfortable for some very tall children because of this.
Here are a few important things you should keep in mind when buying a stroller for a four-year-old:
- Higher weight limit: As your child gets older, he or she is going to gain weight, too. For this reason, you should choose a stroller that has a higher weight limit so your little one can continue to use it safely and effectively for a long time to come. With that said, you should also choose a stroller that’s light enough not to be impossible to push when your child gets bigger, too.
- Better steering: Heavier kids can make a stroller harder to push, so be sure to choose a product that will remain easy to steer even when your child is bigger.
- Correct safety harness: Older kids need a different types of safety harness or seat belt than younger toddlers and infants. You can buy a stroller with an adjustable harness to work throughout all these stages, or you can buy one with a harness meant for older kids.
- Taller canopy: Older kids are taller than younger ones, and so you need to choose a stroller with a taller canopy to accommodate for your child’s height, too.
- Durable wheels: Since you’ll be pushing a heavier child, you should pick a stroller with wheels that can withstand this task.
Which stroller do you think you’ll choose? Is one of these strollers better than the rest? In our opinion, which is the best one of these offers and why?
Overall, any of these strollers is sure to help you travel with your four-year-old any time. However, we recommend going with eh Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Single Stroller. This is an affordable and lightweight pick that works great on most types of terrain and is designed to hold bigger kids without trouble. This stroller is a very popular pick, so we recommend giving it a try to see for yourself why so many parents and caregivers love it!
Last update on 2023-10-26 at 22:39 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.