Our Top Recommendation
- Two front seats accommodate children 6+ months and up to 40 lbs, or from birth+ with included universal car seat...
- Rear bench seat and standing platform accommodates a child from 2.5+ years and up to 45 lbs
- Great for twins, twins + toddler, triplets, or three young children, max weight 125 lbs.
Do you have twins as well as an older toddler?
Is it safe to use a single stroller for all three children?
What are some safety features that need to be present in a stroller for twins and toddler?
If you’ve got an older toddler and infant twins—or any other combination of three children still within the weight limit for strollers—then you’re probably looking for a way to transport all three kids at once.
Using a single stroller for all three children can be tricky, but it is perfectly safe if you know what to look for. Here are a few important safety features to keep in mind when choosing a three-child stroller:
- Harnesses: All three seats should have some type of safety harness for your children. Infants should use a five-point safety harness, but older toddlers can use a three-point safety harness or even a seatbelt, depending on age.
- Reclining features: If you have infants, you’ll need seats in the stroller that can recline for your babies’ safety. Your toddler may also want to recline for naptime. Look for strollers with at least two reclining seats, but all three if possible.
- Durability: The stroller should be very durable and capable of supporting the weight of three children. You should look for strollers that are known for their construction and are built to last.
With the help of this list, you should be able to narrow down the options and pick the perfect stroller for you and your children as well. Consider whether or not there are other safety features you’d like to prioritize when you go shopping, too.
In the article below, you’ll find our top three recommendations for strollers you can use for twins and a toddler together. Take your time checking out each of these products to see which one meets the needs of you and your family.
Read on to find out more!
1. Gaggle Compass 3-Seat Tandem Triple Stroller
The Gaggle Compass 3-Seat Tandem Triple Stroller seats three children front-to-back and offers plenty of features for all three little ones. Available in black with gray accents, this tandem stroller offers separate reclining options for each individual seat. Additionally, each canopy can be adjusted independently of the others, and the canopies can also be folded out of the way when you don’t need them. The stroller includes a secure, locking bar to keep the child in front from being able to get out of the seat, and it also features plenty of storage in a spacious under-seat compartment. Best of all, the stroller is slim enough that it can fit through most standard doorways.
- This stroller can carry a total of 120 pounds, or up to 40 pounds per child.
- The stroller has a foot brake on the back, making it easier for you to secure the wheels in place as needed.
- Although it is designed to fold flat for storage, the stroller’s folding mechanism may not be as durable as the rest of the stroller itself, and it may not fold very easily.
- This stroller is very difficult to turn around tighter corners when loaded with children, and it can be hard to stop and start pushing quickly as well.
2. Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Tandem Stroller
The Foundations Triple Sport 3-Seat Tandem Stroller comes in black with gray accents. It can be purchased in three different canopy colors, including red, lime green, and gray. This stroller is designed for three children to ride tandem (front-to-back), so each individual child has a separate seat instead of relying on a standing platform. All three seats include five-point safety harnesses as well as individually adjustable sun protection canopies, which can be folded flat when not in use. The stroller also includes plenty of storage space in an under-seat basket, making it easier than ever to travel or run errands with all three children and everything they need, too.
- The front seat features a locking bar to hold your child in place securely, which swings out of the way when you need to load and unload your little one.
- The stroller can support up to 40 pounds per child, for a total maximum weight of 120 pounds.
- Although all three seats recline, the two front seats cannot recline as far as the back seat for the comfort of all three children in the stroller.
- The stroller weighs 34 pounds without children in it, which makes it a heavy product that can be difficult to turn when packed with kids.
3. Joovy Big Caboose Triple Stroller
The Joovy Big Caboose Triple Stroller comes in either black or turquoise blue and has a total weight capacity of 125 pounds. This stroller can be used for two infants or older babies in the front two seats. These seats can accept car seats for newborn use with car seat adapters, or they can be used from six months to 40 pounds without an infant car seat. The bench seat and riding platform on the back of the stroller can be used for children from 2.5 years to 45 pounds. Despite the multiple seats, this stroller still provides plenty of storage space in an under-seat basket as well.
- The two front seats include adjustable footrests, two reclining positions, and two child trays, giving your younger children plenty of extra features for their comfort.
- The two front seats also include large canopies for protection from the sun.
- The third, older child does not have as many bonus features on this stroller as the two who use the front seats, and there is no cupholder or canopy for the toddler platform.
- The stroller weighs just over 32 pounds, so it can be extremely heavy when combined with the maximum 125-pound weight of three children.
With so many high-quality stroller options out there, it can be tough to choose the one that works best for your children. However, if you pick from our list above, you’re sure to bring home a high-quality and durable stroller with all the convenience and safety features you’re looking for.
But how do you know whether or not this type of stroller is really best for you and your family? Here are some pros of choosing a stroller like those listed above:
- These strollers make it easier to travel with all three children while keeping them all safely in sight.
- These strollers are great for vacation and travel.
- These strollers can be configured for use with growing families.
And here are some cons:
- Triple strollers are very heavy and bulky, and they may be much too large for some parents to push comfortably. They may also be too large for smaller vehicles and may take up too much space in storage.
- Although they are great for use when traveling, many transportation options (like airplanes) do not allow triple strollers. Some destinations may also not allow triple strollers, such as theme parks.
The choice is up to you. However, keep in mind that triple strollers can be especially convenient and can help you keep track of your children while you’re on the go, too.
About Being a Mom
The hardest part about parenting, in my opinion, is that you don’t fully comprehend what it’s like until you have to do it. I recognize that this is true in practically every aspect of life, but it was especially true for me as a mother. It’s about how our goals and standards have shifted, how our identities have shifted, and how we’ve been able to plan and structure our lives around a human organism. It’s about giving up a little of oneself, even if it’s only for a short time. There are no advancements or raises in wages that reflect our growth as parents. We must rely on ourselves to savor the small parenting successes and celebrate our achievements. We transmit joy and contentment to people around us when we do this. When my child was born, I was completely in love with him. But if I hadn’t taken good care of myself when I needed to, I never would have been the best parent to him. You work for somebody else’s goals while you work a job. However, as a parent, you work on your own household and so get more close to them. There’s nothing like it when it comes to pressure. It is simple to change occupations. But I’d never give up my motherhood role.
Last update on 2023-10-25 at 21:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.