Our Choice Recommendation
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has...
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a...
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point...
What is the most important thing to keep in mind when buying an umbrella stroller for 5 year old kids?
What else should you keep in mind?
Why is this type of stroller better for a bigger kid than a standard stroller?
If you’re asking any of the questions above, then you’re definitely in the RIGHT PLACE. Read on…
When choosing a stroller for a five-year-old child, one of the most important things to keep in mind is the stroller’s weight limit. You want to choose something that your little one won’t outgrow immediately, but you also want a stroller that will be light enough to push.
It’s also important to consider height limits as well as harness styles when choosing an umbrella stroller for an older child.
This type of stroller is a better pick for older kids because the strollers are lighter weight, so pushing a heavier child in them is easier on you.
Read on to find some great choices.
Kolcraft Cloud Umbrella StrollerNo products found.
The No products found. is a low-cost way to get your child started with an umbrella stroller. This offer is lightweight and sturdy, and it includes a spacious canopy for comfort as well as sun protection.
- This stroller is easy to fold down with just one hand even when you’re in a hurry.
- The seat back is made of mesh fabric for keeping your baby cool.
- The stroller’s height is not adjustable for adults who may be pushing it.
- The storage space included on this stroller is not very large and may not be big enough for much of anything.
Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
With twelve different colors to choose from, the Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller is a fun way to bring home a great umbrella stroller for your child. Weighing in at only 13 pounds, this is a lightweight stroller that’s sure to last a long time.
- This stroller can be reclined to four different positions as needed as your child gets older and bigger.
- The stroller can hold up to 50 pounds of weight.
- When it’s folded down, this stroller is awkward and may tip over easily.
- The back does not offer a lot of support even for older children.
Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller
The Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller is designed to work with the other products in the Graco Click Connect line, including the car seats. This stroller can be used with the snap-in car seats to make a complete travel system, but it’s also a great umbrella stroller on its own as well. It’s safe for use by newborn babies and can be used up to 50 pounds of weight, so you don’t have to worry about upgrading to a bigger stroller when your child gets older if you don’t want to.
- This stroller comes in three different color options and is sure to look great with any baby items you may already have.
- The stroller is lightweight, portable, and easy to fold down using just one hand in most situations, making it a good option for parents who do a lot of traveling solo with their little one.
- In some instances, the stroller may develop a flaw that makes it difficult or even impossible to collapse it or fold it flat.
- The seat reclines quite a lot even in its highest position, so children who want to sit up all the way may be uncomfortable or unhappy.
Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
Pick between four different colors when you go with the Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller . This choice is safe for use by newborns with the almost-flat reclining seat, and it can be used by kids of up to 55 pounds with no trouble. This option features a very wide canopy with UPF50+ sun protection, and there is a window built into the back of the canopy so you can always keep an eye on your child when you’re out and about together. This stroller is lightweight enough to be comfortable for any parents to push around while remaining safe and secure for babies and children, too.
- This stroller features two built-in cup holders for parents, so you can always bring along the essentials with you and keep everything within easy reach.
- The stroller has a storage basket as well as a back zippered storage pocket for all the must-haves you need when traveling with a baby.
- Many customers have found that the wheels on this choice squeak from day one and never stop squeaking, which can be irritating and even unsafe depending on the cause of the squeak.
- Many customers have had trouble with the canopy on this option becoming bent and damaged with very little use.
Pockit Lightweight Stroller
The Pockit Lightweight Stroller is one of the best-selling umbrella strollers on the market today, for kids big and little alike. This stroller features a sleek design and comes in four different colors, so if your child is old enough, he or she can even get in on the fun of picking the color option. This offer is made of durable fabric and a lightweight but very sturdy frame that makes it easy for you to travel with your older child in tow. Best of all, this is the smallest and lightest folding umbrella stroller currently on the market, and it comes in it only 9.5 pounds. When it’s folded flat, it’s easy for almost anyone to carry along for all sorts of adventures.
- This stroller is safe for kids as young as six months and as heavy as 55 pounds, with or without the 11 pounds of weight the storage basket can contain.
- The front wheels on this stroller can be locked or allowed to swivel as needed depending on the terrain you’ll be traversing.
- It is difficult to keep this stroller clean as some of the padding is not removable and cannot be easily sanitized or disinfected.
- Some customers report the wheels on this stroller breaking off very easily, even when used within the manufacturer’s recommendations and not excessively.
Did you find a good stroller to suit your needs? Why would you need a stroller for a five-year-old child? Here are a few scenarios in which you might:
- When you’re going on vacation and plan to do a lot of walking with an older child, an umbrella stroller can make a big difference by providing your child a place to rest throughout the day.
- If you live in a city or somewhere that you travel on foot with your child a lot, an umbrella stroller can help.
- Older kids with special needs may benefit from having a stroller to rest in as needed.
Whatever your situation may be, pick from the list above to enjoy a great umbrella stroller right away!
Last update on 2023-10-25 at 17:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.